Kombucha – what is it? What are the health benefits? Is it expensive?
Kombucha is a fermented tea loaded with all the good stuff for your gut. The list of health benefits is long because of it’s natural probiotic content. Balancing the gut alone can resolve numerous health ailments including skin issues, digestive problems, allergies, fatigue and so many more. Kombucha also supports the immune system and increases energy and stamina.
My Mum has been brewing Kombucha for over 25 years so naturally I have followed in her footsteps.
Brewing your own Kombucha is inexpensive but will take you a little time. My Mum has recently started her own Kombucha business in Newcastle NSW so if you would rather someone else do the work for you then get in touch with Susanne at The Miracle Kombucha
Last week I went live over on my Facebook page from my kitchen, brewing my own kombucha. Here is my recipe below;
1. Boil 2L water and once boiled add 160g sugar.
2. Cool slightly and then add 2 tea bags per 2L. Brew for 5-10 minutes
3. Once completely cool (room temperature) add the scoby/scobies and 50-100ml of Mother Tea (tea from previous batch).
4. Place a piece of paper towel over the top and seal with rubber band (no lid).
5. Store in a warm place for two weeks.
– Once ready the scobies should fall to the bottom and a new one form on top.
– If you brew 10L at a time you just times this process by 5
You must only use glass to brew and store kombucha.
If you’re local to me I can help you get started with a scoby, otherwise some health food shops sell them.